Apr 24, 2007

Mike Daisey Audience Protest, Walkout and Attack

Ok. This is terrible. I have never heard of Mike Daisey. He's pretty funny. The group walks out....

People think they have the right to not be offended. They do. However, they are in conrol of that. If you don't want to be offended. Don't go anywhere that might potentially expose you to offensive material. Stay in your house, turn off your TV, tape up your windows and exist there. Or, you might just decide that reality is going to have some offensive bits. DEAL WITH IT.

If you go to a show, you should a) know the show's content b) have respect for the performer.

It was absolutely inexcusable that someone destroyed his papers.

From what I gather, a high school choir group went to the show and their chaperone decided to leave due to the language. The chaperone is the one who poured water. Inexcusable behavior. Showing the kids that it was ok to do that, while protesting a performing artists language. The very DEFINITION of hypocrisy. If you are uninformed enough to take your innocent, virginal, raised-in-a-cave kids to a show with shocking foul language, and then realize your mistake, you should quietly get up and leave. When the artist asks what the heck is wrong, say:

"I made a mistake, I was not aware that this show would have such foul language. I cannot allow the children to see this sort of thing, I apologize for my rudeness, but if I don't leave, I'll be fired from my job."

Then perhaps you won't get people like me feeling that you are a pathetic loser with no redeemable qualities.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home