Oct 22, 2005



This morning I got up at 8 and almost immediately recieved a call from Selina who was in town and wanted to have breakfast with her son, who was passing through. So I drug my carcass out of bed and she picked me up. We went to Flying J Truck Stop. They were having a bad day there. The gravy was 2 parts salt, 1 part liquid, so I sent back my biscuits and gravy. Got the chicken fried steak on the promise that they would use gravy that was't so salty. It arrived, still salty and something had gone horribly wrong with the hasbrowns. I gave up. Not usually being one to complain, I just said that it was okay, and not to worry about it. Selina insisted that I not pay for it, and managed to get them to give me the uneaten meal for free. I'm such a weanie sometimes. I just hate conflict so much.

Anyway...after the breakfast fiasco, we decided to go tourisming and I got my camera, and the guy at the gas station told us to head out to Balanced Rock, which is about 11 miles from here. So we did.

Today's picture is the world famous (never heard of it, have you?) Balanced Rock. Neat huh. It's over 48 feet tall and weighs 40 tons. I've seen pictures of it all my life, but I never actually saw the rock. It's pretty hard to get too near it, cuz of all the walking uphill required. So I took a bunch of pictures of it. The whole area is full of similar rock formations. Really pretty. There is a neat little park there, and I took a few pictures in the park, but only of the see-saw and swings. Selina went and talked to some Mennonites who were picnicking nearby. She is far more social than I.



Gadget of the Day



Not necessarity a gadget, but a great free software suite that matches up very well with Microsoft Office. It'll open all sorts of files and is very easy to use, and it's free. Couldn't be better. A must for people who are going to school and can't afford to shell out $130 for it's Microsoft counterpart. I have nothing against Microsoft, but did I mention free? Click the graphic to go to the page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home