Oct 24, 2005



Today's photo is the downside of Alligator farms. Yep. It's a box of Alligator heads. We asked the people at the alligator farm what they used the alligators for. They said that they were used for food and for breeding. I can't imagine eating an alligator, but I supposed it could be done.

I added a few links to the page the other day. The sites that I spent a great deal of time visiting:

Cruel.com is probably going to leave it's spot, because although it's funny, it's cruel, and I realize now, that it's pretty much just negativity. So it will be replaced.

Worth1000 is one of the best sites out there. It'll entertain you for days.

But the one I wanted to talk about today is Memento Mori, which is pictures of dead people from the victorian era. It was quite okay to do it at that time. They aren't autopsy photos, they're made with love by the families of the deceased person. There is a certain morbid sweetness to it. I usually tell people that even if the idea creeps them out, they should check it out. Death is so ignored in modern society. I became fascinated with the idea when I saw the film The Others. Just really opens up a whole new perspective on late 19th century life.

Let's see...

Today was fascinating in Biology and Psychology. In biology we discussed the building blocks of protiens, how they're created and stuff. Which is very complicated, but actually such a beautiful process that takes place in our body constantly.

I had a whole cool thing written about what I learned in psychology, but blogger, again, deleted it...and I don't feel like writing it again. Sorry.

I will be back later with Gadget of the day

1 Comments:

At 10/25/2005 11:05:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm... I never tried Aligator's meal. It must be tasty ...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home